When you are logged in to the computer using Microsoft Account, Windows sends your activity History to Microsoft in order to provide you with a personalized user experience. The data that Windows collects includes:
- Edge browsing history
- Bing search history
- Location data (if it’s enabled)
- Cortana voice commands
- Windows usage for the Timeline feature
Besides, in order to help you manage your privacy, Microsoft provides the option to View, Clear and also prevent Activity History from being collected. Next, follow us to learn how to view and clear the Windows 10 activity history.
Methods to View the Windows 10 Activity History
If you also use Microsoft Account to log in to the computer, you can view your history by going to Privacy Dashboard in your Microsoft Account.
- Go to Settings > Privacy.
- Then click on Activity History in the left pane.
- In the right pane, scroll down and click on Privacy dashboard to take you to Microsoft’s Privacy website. If prompted, log in to your Microsoft Account, and click on Privacy > Activity History.
- On the Activity History Page, you will see your Activity History arranged by Data Types (Apps, Voice, Search, Browse, Media and Location).
Methods to Clear the Windows 10 Activity History
- Go to Activity History like we showed you above.
- Scroll down to Clear Activity History and click on the Clear button below.
- Then click Ok to confirm clearing all the activity history on your PC for the account you’re currently using.
Disable Activity Tracking in Windows 10
Due to various privacy and security concerns, if you do not want the computer to remember what you did on Windows, follow the steps below:
- From the Activity History page, uncheck Store my activity history on this device.
- Then, uncheck Send my activity history to Microsoft to stop your data from being sent to Microsoft’s servers.
After both boxes are unticked, you will lose the activity tracking in the future on Windows.
This article has shown you the methods to clear the Windows activity history. If you want to keep it private from others, follow the methods mentioned.