According to Twitter’s support page, your archive will include your account info and history, any apps and devices you used to access it, any accounts you’ve blocked or muted, all the interests and other ad data that Twitter has listed for you, and your tweet history.
Just a few clicks and a reauthentication of your account credentials will put in your request for your data archive, which you’ll receive a day or so later. You can download an archive of your data on the Twitter website as well as on its mobile app. This article will cover how to download your data on both platforms.
Download the Twitter Data on Mobile
- Sign into your Twitter account on your mobile phone.
- Swipe to the right or tap on the navigation menu.
- Tap on Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.
- Select Your account and tap on Download an archive of your data.
- Under Data and Permissions, select Request Archive.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your password. After confirming your password, tap the Request archive button.
It takes a while for the data to be prepared. You’ll receive a notice in the app when the zip file is ready for download.
Download the Twitter Data on the Web
- Log into your Twitter account on your browser.
- Click More on the navigation menu to the left of your feed.
- Choose the Settings and privacy option.
- Select the Your Account tab on the left if it’s not already highlighted.
- Click on Download an archive of your data.
- Then it will require you to verify your password.
- Wait until your data is ready to download. You will receive a notification and an email when it’s done. Clicking on this notification leads to clicking on the download archive. There you’ll find your download-ready data file.
If you want to transfer Twitter data or back it up, the methods mentioned in this article can serve a practical purpose. Through a detailed reading of this article, you should now know how to easily and securely download an archive of your Twitter data into one convenient file format so that you can review it whenever you please.