Google Keep – Best free task management software I ever saw, actually, it’s not only for managing daily to-do lists, but it also supports to add drawings, images, notes, checklists with cute background color, however, it only works on Google Chrome browser, Android, iPhone, and yes, no official desktop version. But, Don’t worry, here are two Google Keep Desktop Editions you can use without extra setups.
If you are looking for Google Keep for Desktop, I have to say Google doesn’t offer such desktop client officially yet, however, using Google Keep on your Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac or Linux desktop isn’t a dream.
With below two unofficial Google Keep Desktop Editions, you can easily take notes, make to-do lists on your DESKTOP!
Moreover, use it as a Desktop Sticky Note App!
Hurry up, Let’s find out how to use Google Keep on the Desktop without hassles, most importantly, NO NEED EXTRA SETUPS!
Just download the Portable Google Keep Desktop Edition from Github, decompress the zip file, launch the app, and then login with your Google account. That’s all!
1. A much-like Desktop Sticky Note APP
This Keep Desktop App for Windows / Mac was created by rhyswilliamsza; the current software version is 1.0.0
What I like:
- The window can be shrunk as small as a Sticky Note type.
What I Dislike:
- The Mac version is having issues with the login typing bar, flicks all the time. I would suggest you use the second one if you are using Mac OSX.
2. Another Desktop Edition with Shortcut Key
Another Desktop Client for Windows, Mac, and Linux, packaged with Electron, the project created by andrepolischuk. Current Version: 0.1.5
What I like:
- Toggle to the full screen using Hotkey: Ctrl+H
- Open Notes, Reminders, Archive, Trash using: Ctrl+1/2/3/4 (For Windows)
- Remember window size and position.
- Better use experience in Mac OSX.
If you are new to Google Keep, follow below steps to use it.
Steps to use Google Keep
- Add image quickly by just copy and paste.
- Take a note with or without Show checkboxes.
- Jot down ideas or thoughts, mind map with Add drawing.
- Group the notes or to-do lists by add label.
- Stick the notes or to-do lists at the top by Pin Note.
- Share lists with your collaborator, friend and family to make things done faster.
- Set time and place reminders from Remind Me.
- Set various note background color by Change Color.
- Search notes or lists with created topics.
READ MORE: If you are using Windows 10, you can also consider Microsoft To-do app! Throw Away Your Wunderlist?
DON’T MISS: Google Calendar Desktop App for Windows 10 / Mac – An Ultimated Guide (Use Google Keep & Google Calendar in the same time)
Launch Google Keep Desktop on Startup
- Send Google Keep Desktop Edition to Desktop Shortcut.
- Press Windows Key + R to open RUN command.
- Type Shell:Startup and then click OK.
- Drag the Shortcut icon(.lnk) to Startup Window.
- Restart the Windows 10 and check whether it starts automatically or not.
Google Keep for Android, iPhone, Chrome, and Firefox
Can’t find the best Google Keep Desktop app for Windows 10, Mac, Linux? I suggest using one of the above-mentioned Google Keep Desktop editions, which is simple enough, no need extra setup, no need to ask too many how-tos.
Just download and enjoy it!
Happy with this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Sorry that this post wasn\'t useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!