The error Page Fault In Nonpaged Area is a BSOD(Blue Screen of Death) error with error code STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCD3DD628, 0x00000001, 0x804EFC9A, 0x00000000). The STOP:0x00000050 error is an indication that the system is requesting a page memory to continue working. However, the page isn’t available, and Windows OS can’t continue.
The results of the Page Fault In Nonpaged Area error can be a harmful restart loop along with some adverse effects like frequently crashing OS, lost valuable data, hardware malfunction and inaccessible programs on Windows 10.
There could be several reasons to encounter this error on your Windows 10 PC:
- The Non-paged area compromises crucial data for system operation. The error occurs when Windows PC can’t find the data that should be in the nonpaged area.
- Page Fault In Nonpaged Area error also occurs when the incorrect system service or the wrong driver code is installed on the PC.
- Users will encounter the error if there are faulty hardware problems on the PC: RAM is corrupted or a corrupted sector on the hard drive.
- Corrupted NTFS and antivirus software can be the culprit.
Methods To Fix Page Fault In Nonpaged Area On Windows 10
Before you proceed to the solutions to fix the HPage Fault In Nonpaged Area Error In Windows 10, you may carry out the following workarounds to be sure that you’re not experiencing a system error:
- Reboot your PC and try the process again and see if the problem has been solved.
- Scan your PC with anti-malware: Do this to remove malware or virus that may be blocking the Windows update process.
- Temporarily Disable your third-party antivirus or firewall program on your PC, if there is any, then try again to print the document you’re printing.
If these solutions do not fix the Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Error In Windows 10, you may proceed to the following technical solutions.
Method 1: Run CHKDSK
Faulty RAM and corrupted NTFS volume may be the reason behind the blue screen. The disk check will help you in removing the error. If you do not know how to perform this task, then follow the steps given below.
- Type cmd in the search box and click Run as administrator to open Command Prompt.
- Type in chkdsk /f /r and press the Enter key.
- Press the Y key on your keyboard.
- Now click the Win + R shortcut, then type mdsched.exe in the Run box and press Enter.
- Select Restart now and check for problems (recommended) and your Computer will restart now.
Wait for the scan to complete for about 15 minutes. Then check again if the problem is fixed. If you get the issue again, then try the other methods below.
Method 2: Disable Automatic Paging File Size Management
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer.
- Right-click on This PC and select properties.
- Scroll down and select Advanced System Settings.
- In the appearing window, choose the Advanced tab, then select Settings in the Performance section.
- Select the Advanced tab and click on the Change button.
- Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option and click OK to save settings.
- Last, restart your computer and check if the issue is gone.
Method 3: Update Drivers
We have often seen that outdated drivers are the main cause of many issues with the computer. One of the things that may cause the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error is a faulty or outdated device driver on your PC. If the drive is faulty or outdated, you can disable, update, or uninstall then reinstall it. To do this:
- Press the Win + R shortcut, then type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Locate drivers that have a yellow exclamation sign.
- Right-click each identified drive, then select Update Driver Software.
- On the next prompt, choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
If you’re not able to update the faulty driver, disable or uninstall it. Last, restart the PC and check if it works.
Method 4: Replace Faulty Hardware from System
If you have recently added any hardware to your PC, it may also cause Windows 10 Error Code Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. So you can remove it and check if the error is fixed. If existing hardware is found faulty, remove or replace it. This should fix the error.
As we have said, there are several reasons that can cause the error Page Fault in Nonpaged Area on Windows 10. When you have no idea about the specific reason, try the above methods mentioned.