Find Your Microsoft Office Product Key
Method 1: Find Microsoft Office Product Key With an Email Receipt or Printed Stickers
If you’ve bought the Windows license through the Microsoft Store, then the product key copy is saved in your Microsoft Account. This means that Microsoft has sent you the key in a confirmation email. Search through your inbox to find it. If you don’t see it, go through the junk folder as well.
If your Microsoft Office product came with a hardware purchase, such as a laptop or computer, it likely has the product key printed on its Certificate of Authenticity. Also, look through the manuals as the product key often comes on a card bundled with the warranty cards and manuals.
If you bought a CD for the product, check for the product key inside the box.
Method 2: Find Microsoft Office Key with Command Prompt
You can use this method to find the product key for Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, and 2019 versions. One more thing to know is that this method works best if the last five characters of the product key are stored on the computer locally. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to find the Microsoft Office activation key:
- Type cmd in the Search menu and click on Run as administrator to open Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command that suits your needs and press Enter to execute the command.
Office 32-bit on Windows 32-bit: cscript “C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15OSPP.VBS” /dstatus
Office 32-bit on Windows 64-bit: cscript “C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice15OSPP.VBS” /dstatus
Office 64-bit on Windows 64-bit: cscript “C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15OSPP.VBS” /dstatus
- The product key will be displayed as soon as the command is executed.
Method 3: Find Your Microsoft Office Product Key with Registry Editor
- Go to the Search menu and type regedit and select Registry Editor.
- Now, find and open the following key:
- The window will generate a list of files. Find and double-click the BackupProductKeyDefault key and you will see the Microsoft Office Product key in the Data value.
Method 4: Find Microsoft Office Product Key Through Microsoft Account
This method works with all versions of Microsoft Office, including 2013, 2016, and 2019. It will even let you find a Microsoft 365 product key. Suppose you have registered and activated a copy of Microsoft Office using your Microsoft account. In that case, your product key is attached to your account, and you can easily view your key as long as you’re able to access your account.
- Open your internet browser, then go to the Microsoft official website and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, click on Services & subscriptions in the top bar.
- There, look for your Microsoft Office version and look for the Product key option.
- Click on View product key, then enter your Microsoft account password again.
- Once you do that, the key will be made visible to you.
Method 5: Contact Microsoft Support
If you don’t locate the product key while using one of the methods outlined above, the last way is to contact Microsoft directly. However, you will need to provide proof of purchase in order to receive the product key. You can visit Microsoft support using this link. There, you will be presented with a virtualized agent that will present you with several options to allow you to solve your issue. Simply follow the onscreen instructions given to you by the agent, and you should be able to find your product key once you provide the proof of purchase.
If that doesn’t work, you can click on an option that allows you to talk to a human agent who can provide you with better assistance.
With the help of the 5 methods in this article, you don’t have to worry about finding your Microsoft Office Product Key. If you have other practical methods or other problems, welcome to leave a comment below. And don’t forget to score the article.